I once saw these pompoms made of tissue paper, but they were only one color. For the baseball party, I wondered if I could make these to look like baseballs.
I would say it got pretty close, since everyone I asked what it looked like, answered with: “A baseball!”
I used 16 sheets of tissue paper for each pompom. That made it look really full. I have seem instructions saying anywhere from 8 to 12 sheets, but I thought it needed more. I got the tissue at the dollar store.
1) To start, lay 4 sheets of white tissue paper, 2 sheets of red, another 4 of white, 2 of red and 4 of white.
2) Fold the paper as a fan, about 1 inch thick.
3) Once you are done folding the tissue, fold in the middle.
4) Tie the middle of the pompom with a “pipe cleaner” (found at craft stores)
5) Cut the edges of the paper in a round shape. The completed pompom was cut V shape, I found that a round shape looks MUCH better, but I forgot to take pictures!
7) Separate all sheets on both sides and ta-da, baseball pompom is ready!
8) Hang your pompom with fishing line, this make it looks like they are floating. (This picture is of my first try at this pompom, and I cut the edges V shaped. When the edges are cut round, it looks much better!
Thanks for reading!